(This is part of our series of Boboli recipes. While we do like to make pizza dough, for easy but wonderful weekday dinners it is hard to beat a premade pizza crust. Other brands are popping up in your local grocery store, and worth trying. We also like to use premade flatbreads, or naan. Recipes are great but the advantage to having a Boboli handy is your ability to salvage leftovers from your fridge, allowing you to be creative and frugal at once!)
This recipe was inspired by Nan’s Asian Grilled Shrimp Salad. Same core ingredients, we just used our Basil Parmesan Dipping Oil instead and plopped it on a pizza!
|Sadly, this particular pizza is no more...|
- ½ lb medium cooked frozen shrimp, thawed
- 4 ounce ( ¼ bag) Trader Joe’s Fire Roasted Corn, thawed
- 2 tablespoons Pastamoré Basil Parmesan Dipping Oil
- 1 to 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1 12 inch Boboli pizza crust (any style)
- ¼ to ½ cup pizza or marinara sauce
- 2 cups mozzarella, grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
Place shrimp, corn and red pepper flakes in a medium bowl. Drizzle with the Basil Parmesan Oil. Use only as much as needed to cover, a little bit will go a long way. Cover with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator for a few hours, which will allow the flavors to meld.
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Spread the tomato sauce on the Boboli, just barely covering the surface. The sauce is not a key ingredient, so do not overwhelm with too much. Cover with cheese. Spread shrimp/corn mixture evenly over the top. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and sprinkle on the basil. Bake in the oven for 12 to 15 minutes.
Serves 3 to 4.