This is an update to one of our most popular recipes. Originally the key ingredient was our Spicy Tomato Oil, which has been replaced by our Sundried Tomato. We think the salad is even better - the complexity of our new oil adds depth to the dish!
We love this simple, easy to prepare salad. There isn't a need for much measuring, just roughly have the same volume of corn, tomato & beans. This salad was inspired by our love of beans, but the thought of hot baked beans on a hot late summer day doesn't always have appeal. Think light and fresh!
A variation on this salad is a suggestion from Nan; use black beans instead of kidney, and cilantro instead of flat-leafed parsley. You have shifted from Italy to Mexico for a great new flavor profile!
- 1 tablespoon Pastamore Barrel-Aged Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup Pastamore Sundried Tomato Oil with Harissa
- 10 oz. fresh corn cut from the cob, or frozen & thawed
- 1 15 oz. can red kidney beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 large tomato, chopped into ½ inch dice
- 1/3 cup Italian parsley, chopped
- salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon crushed red chili pepper flakes (optional)
Add corn, kidney beans and chopped tomato. Toss lightly to coat. Add in most of the parsley, reserving some as garnish before serving. Allow to sit in refrigerator for a few hours to meld flavors. Garnish and serve.