|Nan & I had a cook-off with this recipe. Nan always wins best bowl!|
A variation on this salad is a suggestion from Nan; use black beans instead of kidney, and cilantro instead of flat-leafed parsley. You have moved from Italy to Mexico for a great new flavor profile!
- 2 tablespoons Pastamoré Barrel-Aged Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup Pastamoré Spicy Tomato Dipping Oil
- 2 cups fresh corn cut from the cob, or frozen and thawed
- 2 cups red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped into ½ inch dice
- ½ cup Italian parsley, finely chopped
- salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste
Add corn, kidney beans and chopped tomatoes. Toss lightly to coat. Add in most of the parsley, reserving some for garnish before serving. Allow to sit in refrigerator for a few hours to meld flavors. Garnish and serve.