This recipe represents one of two styles of sangria - red wine sangria. Our recipe is a Traditional Spanish-style sangria, with a red Rioja base - it tends to be fuller and richer, which is why we chose a traditional thick rich dark balsamic. We also have a recipe for a lighter Sangria Blanca, with a white wine base. You can find that recipe here.
- 1 bottle dry bold, fruity red wine (can be on the slightly sweet side - think Rioja, zinfandel or syrah)
- ¼ cup vodka
- ¼ cup Pastamore Barrel-Aged Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 ½ cups strawberries, sliced
- 1 peach, peeled, pitted and sliced
- ¼ cup super-fine sugar, or to taste
- Depending on how sweet you prefer things, you may want to omit or add less sugar.
- We used our Traditional Barrel-Aged Dark Balsamic for this recipe, but most dark traditional 'flavored' balsamics will work. We loved this with our Black Cherry Balsamic, and our Raspberry Balsamic.
- Feel free to interchange the fruit to the season and your liking.