We have also made a version of this salad with our Passion Fruit White Balsamic Vinegar. The Passion Fruit marries well with both tomatoes and basil and gives a tropical summer flair.
Again, this is one of those recipes where more or less is fine - feel free to increase, decrease or change the quantities depending on your taste and what you have on hand.
- 1 cucumber, quartered lengthwise and sliced thin
- 1 ½ cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella, ½ inch cube
- ½ cup red onion, thin slices
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 5 to 10 basil leaves, chiffonade
- Pastamore Basil Parmesan Olive Oil, to taste (about 2 tbs)
- Pastamore Barrel-Aged Balsamic Vinegar, to taste (about 2 tbs)
Serves 4 as a side salad.