This recipe also works wonderfully with our Black Cherry Balsamic Vinegar. Consider mixing and matching the berries as well.
- ¾ cup ea. fresh raspberries & strawberries, reserving a few of the choicest as garnish
- 1 teaspoon confectioners’ sugar
- 5 ½ ounces dark chocolate, the best you can find, chopped
- 5 tablespoons softened unsalted butter
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon Pastamoré Raspberry Balsamic Vinegar
- 3 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons superfine sugar
- sifted confectioners’ sugar, to dust
Heat the chocolate in a double boiler over medium heat, stirring until melted and smooth. Remove from heat immediately and add the butter, stirring until once again until melted and smooth. Stir in the egg yolks and the raspberry balsamic vinegar.
Whisk the egg white in a separate glass bowl with an electric mixer until soft peaks. Add the superfine sugar, and whisk until stiff peaks. Gently fold the egg whites into the chocolate butter mixture – using as few folds as possible but thoroughly combined. Spoon the mousse into the ramekins over the chopped berries. Place in the fridge for at least an hour. Decorate with reserve berries and dust with confectioners’ sugar before serving.
Serves 4 generously.