A very special thank you to Nan’s Fan Toni Evans for this fabulous recipe!
- 1 to 2 Bosc pears, cut into ½ inch cubes (Asian pears will also work well)
- ¾ cup crumbled blue cheese
- ¾ cup pecan halves, toasted
- 2 heads romaine lettuce, torn into pieces
- ¼ cup Pastamoré White Balsamic with Pear Vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 5 basil leaves, minced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
Combine pears, cheese, pecans and romaine in a large bowl.
In a small bowl whisk to combine vinegar, garlic, basil, honey, salt and pepper. Slowly add the olive oil while continuing to whisk. Add to salad and toss just before serving.