This recipe is adapted from their website. If you don't have a Traeger simply add a dash of liquid smoke to the recipe.
• 2 large tomatoes, halved
• 2 10 ounce cans original Rotel Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies
• 1 medium sweet onion(Vidalia or Maui)
• 2 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
• 1 or 2 jalapenos (to taste), seeded & halved
• 1 tablespoon Pastamoré Barrel-Aged Balsamic Vinegar
• 2 teaspoons honey
• 1 teaspoons salt
• 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
• large handful cilantro
• juice of 2 limes
• 1 teaspoon liquid smoke (optional if not using smoker)
Start your grill. Set the temperature to High (450°F) and preheat, lid closed (10-15 minutes).
While your grill is heating up, cut the onion into thick slices. Once preheated, place tomatoes, jalapenos and onion cut side down directly on the grate and grill for 5-10 minutes.
After grilling, put all ingredients in a food processor or blender and pulse to combine for 30 seconds or so until all ingredients are finely chopped and salsa is the desired consistency. Adjust for seasoning. Serve with chips or over tacos.
Makes one large bowl.