You know, of course, we have to have our own take on them. The Nan's Gourmet mantra says it never hurts to have balsamic vinegar added, and why not some bacon? As long as the food is easy to make yet elegant & healthy, we are all over it...
- 12 large eggs
- 4 slices bacon, cooked until crisp and chopped finely
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon red onion, grated
- 1 teaspoon granulated white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Pastamoré Traditional Barrel-Aged Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, freshly ground
- a few sprigs of Italian flat-leaf parsley, for garnish
Peel the eggs and halve lengthwise. Place the cooked yolk in a medium bowl and place the white halves on a serving platter cut-side up.
Mash yolks with a fork. Add bacon, mayonnaise, onion, sugar, vinegar, celery salt and pepper. Stir until thoroughly combined; taste and adjust/add seasonings as needed.
Spoon the mixture into the egg white halves or use a piping bag with a large opening tip. Garnish with parsley. Refrigerate, lightly covered, until ready to serve.
Makes 24 deviled eggs.