A note on the addition of the nuts: If you decide to add them (and we hope you do) be aware that the cookies will result in a mound shape – in other words, less flat. You can see the difference in the second picture (below) where we have both versions plated.
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoon Pastamoré Black Cherry Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pecans or walnuts, lightly chopped & toasted (optional)
- powdered sugar, optional as dusting
Combine the dry ingredients: flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt, then gradually stir into the chocolate mixture. Fold in remaining 1 cup chocolate chips and pecans, if using. Cover dough and chill for at least an hour or overnight.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly cover cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Roll chilled dough into 1 to 2 inch balls. Place on cookie sheets so they are 2 inches apart.
Bake for 11 minutes. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Makes 3 dozen.