Here is a fun and different approach to salsa. We like to use this with fish or shrimp tacos – the refreshing cool spicy strawberries are a wonderful contrast to the hot grilled seafood. Just add to some Napa cabbage in a corn tortilla. This is also wonderful with just tortilla chips! For this recipe, the strawberries do not need to be fully ripe.
- 2 pints strawberries, hulled and chopped
- 1 small green jalapeño chile, seeded and chopped
- 3 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon Pastamoré Meyer Lemon Oil
- ½ tablespoon Pastamoré Fresh Jalapeño Oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt, or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon pepper, or to taste
In a bowl combine strawberries, jalapeño, chives, Meyer lemon oil, fresh jalapeño oil. Add desired salt & pepper.
Makes about two cups.