Sunday, March 11, 2012

Rosemary with Roasted Garlic Spread on Toasted Pita Crisps


This has always been one of my favorite recipes; I have made these dozens of times since the 1990’s.  Back then, I used to sauté fresh rosemary and garlic in some olive oil as the flavor agent for the goat cheese.  Flipping through my old recipes (an admitted favorite pastime of mine) I found this and noted, much to my pleasure, I had the base for this already made for me with our Rosemary with Roasted Garlic Dipping Oil.  This is a truly wonderful appetizer to serve to guests, extremely easy, and just begging for a glass of cool crisp white wine.



For the spread
5.5 ounce package of plain goat cheese (chèvre)

For the crisps
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary leaves (optional, or use another herb)
3 six inch pita loaves, halved horizontally and each round cut into 4 pie wedges

Preheat oven to 400º

In a small food processor pulse the Rosemary with Roasted Garlic Dipping Oil, goat cheese and salt and pepper to taste until thoroughly mixed, smooth and fluffy.

In a bowl, combine butter, rosemary and salt and pepper to taste.  Brush butter mixture on the rough side of the pitas.  Bake on a baking sheet until light golden and crisp, about 8 to 10 minutes.

Serve spread with pita crisps.  Makes about ¾ cup.

No comments:

Post a Comment