In our opinion parsnips have always been underrated. Come to think of it so is roasting vegetables. Both are healthy and easy choices, and along with ever popular carrots, these make for an attractive and tasty side dish. And there is a benefit to the finished product looking like colorful French fries – kids will want to eat and love them!
- 1 pound medium parsnips, trimmed, peeled
- 1 pound medium carrots, trimmed, peeled
- 2 tablespoons Pastamoré Rosemary with Roasted Garlic Dipping Oil
- 1 tablespoon Pastamoré White Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
Preheat oven to 425°F.
Cut the parsnips and carrots into what will look like French fries – they should be about 3 inches by ½ inch by ½ inch. Combine parsnips and carrots in a bowl. Drizzle oil and white balsamic, sprinkle in the salt & pepper; toss to coat evenly. Spread in even layer on baking sheet. Roast until vegetables are tender and brown around edges, stirring occasionally, about 45 minutes.