These Asian inspired drumsticks would also be great using chicken thighs or wings. We suggest serving with steamed vegetables to make a complete low fat meal. You can drizzle the remaining glaze over the vegetables, or over rice.
- 8 medium chicken drumsticks, skin removed
- olive oil spray
- 1 cup water
- I tablespoon Sriracha hot sauce (more or less to taste)
- 1/3 cup Pastamoré Barrel-Aged Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 2 tablespoon chives or scallions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
In a heavy large saucepan, brown chicken on high for 3-4 minutes with a little spray oil. Add water, balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, honey, garlic, ginger and Sriracha and cook on high until liquid comes to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered for about 20 minutes. Remove cover and bring heat to high, allowing sauce to reduce down, about 8-10 minutes, until it becomes thick, turning chicken occasionally.
Keep an eye on glaze, you don't want it to burn when it starts becoming thick. Transfer chicken to a platter and ladle sauce on top. Sprinkle with chives and sesame seeds.